.H.A.V.O.C. Harrogate Audi VW Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MOT And Robbing VW dealers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
seanybean16
seanybean16

MOT And Robbing VW dealers Empty
PostSubject: MOT And Robbing VW dealers   MOT And Robbing VW dealers EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Basically, today my polo went in for its MOT. it failed. it needs a new CV boot and all 4 suspension bushes changing which is a common fault on polos, fabias and ibizas because they fit shockingly poor ones
so anyhow, the place i got the MOT didnt do the job so i went hunting round for quotes
VW was the first place i went and they took my details and said they would call me in an hour and let me know
in the meant time i talked to a friend of mine whos dad owns a garage and got a quote.. £260 including parts labour and VAT.. all good i thought
so after i got this quote 20 minutes later VW ring. they said they were going to quote each problem and then give me the price per problem and the total at the end
so front offside corner £194.60
front near side corner £194.60
rear offside corner £224.52
rear near side corner £224.52
CV boot (this will give you a heart attack) £320
total £1158.24 including labour and VAT they said
i told them i had the £260 quote and she said they couldnt beat it even though there is a disclaimer on the VW website that says if you get a genuine quote for a job within 5 miles of a dealership where you want a job doing they have to do it for that price so you can imagine what i said when i was told they cant beat it.
so i rang my friend back up and told him to get it booked in. repairs take place next wednesday and i will not be having the standard polo bushes put in. Seat leon cupra bushes fit in and work a lot better that my friend had put in his
VW i am not impressed
what i forgot to mention: when i told the £260 quote to VW they told me that they couldnt even get the parts in for that much! what a lie. the CV boot is £14 and the bushes are £40 for the front pair, £60 for the rear (maybe the other way round) so i think they really need to sort themselves out
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/sean.shukralla
Hoernig
Admin
Admin
Hoernig

PostSubject: Re: MOT And Robbing VW dealers   MOT And Robbing VW dealers EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 4:55 pm

£320... for a CV boot to be replaced?!
They should be reported to watchdog or whatever that program is!! ahaha
That's just ridiculous...

How much are they charging for labour? £150 an hour or something? Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
druvr6
DUBBER
DUBBER
druvr6

PostSubject: Re: MOT And Robbing VW dealers   MOT And Robbing VW dealers EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 3:04 am

thats the stealers for ya if you know all the parts you need to to gfs in leeds quality parts and really really cheap and find a good garage that will be ok with ya supplying ya own parts (david scrouton auto) behinh the firestation on skippy road is who i use, honest reasonable and no bull shit at all , me dan20v and ttsteve use him. but thoses prices sound about right for dealer one guy on the vr6oc forum was quoted £4800 for a head gasket on a vr6 Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.havoc-dubs.com
seanybean16
seanybean16

PostSubject: Re: MOT And Robbing VW dealers   MOT And Robbing VW dealers EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 12:56 pm

yeah they are ridiculous. my dad went and got a quote from a few other places and the cheapest quote was £700
its stupid, the robbing (i wish i could swear)
thankfully im glad i know someone to do it cheaper and is actually a brilliant garage. no nonsense. no cowboys
Back to top Go down
Ogni
DUBBER
DUBBER
Ogni

PostSubject: Re: MOT And Robbing VW dealers   MOT And Robbing VW dealers EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 10:16 am

Yes them robbing Bas***s

But some one has to pay for the fancy showrooms and suits Evil or Very Mad

I think there give high quotes , so there dont have to spanner older cars
and get into troubble if things go wrong.

there cant say NO, so there give silly prices not to get the job.

But glad you get it sorted

Smile
Back to top Go down
seanybean16
seanybean16

PostSubject: Re: MOT And Robbing VW dealers   MOT And Robbing VW dealers EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 2:04 pm

well its not even that old.. its only an 05 but its just appalling how they charge that much

well tbh the jokes on them because if people are half smart thy wont go to the dealers and the dealers just miss out on cash
Back to top Go down
JamesMK2

PostSubject: Re: MOT And Robbing VW dealers   MOT And Robbing VW dealers EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:08 pm

sean you should have got the part and me and ford would have fitted them Wink

how is the old beast anyhoo? heard some scrote nicked your badge! bastards!
Back to top Go down
seanybean16
seanybean16

PostSubject: Re: MOT And Robbing VW dealers   MOT And Robbing VW dealers EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 6:34 am

well you wouldnt have been able to do it, honestly mate the bushes are a pissing joke
but yeah some prickk did steal it and i had to buy a new one (£12.50) but cars all good, dont know when ill put the comps back on mind
Back to top Go down
JamesMK2

PostSubject: Re: MOT And Robbing VW dealers   MOT And Robbing VW dealers EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:12 am

get them back on now! if theres already spidering in the lacquer then putting them on now will do no harm!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MOT And Robbing VW dealers   MOT And Robbing VW dealers Empty

Back to top Go down

MOT And Robbing VW dealers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
.H.A.V.O.C. Harrogate Audi VW Owners Club :: GENERAL CHAT -any VAG related chat :: GENERAL CHAT-
Jump to: